We rely on the generous support and participation of the community to carry out our mission. You can help us make a real difference.
Ways to Get Involved
Volunteers are an integral component of compassionate, comprehensive, and cost-effective patient care at ZSFG.
Help meet the emotional, recreational, social, and medical needs of our patients. Enhance our quality of care and the overall patient experience.Email Volunteer Services
Make a Difference
Volunteer Opportunities at ZSFG
Volunteers are placed in non-clinical and clinical settings – offering opportunities to explore many facets of the hospital. Our most popular positions are in the Emergency Department, Urgent Care Center, Operating Room, and Radiology.
Clinical volunteers must have a prearranged agreement with a ZSFG provider and not be enrolled in an academic program.
Research volunteers must have a prearranged research placement.
Visitors can observe or shadow hospital employees.
Call Volunteer Services at 628 206 2444 to learn more.
Our Community Backbone
San Francisco General Hospital Foundation
As the primary philanthropic partner for Zuckerberg San Francisco General, the Foundation powers exceptional healthcare and drives a dramatic impact for healthy San Francisco residents, workers, and tourists. We:
- convene to help ZSFG cultivate their groundbreaking visions into impactful innovations.
- strengthen the web of ZSFG programming so patients can access comprehensive services.
- advance excellence at ZSFG that enables anyone to get the compassionate care they deserve.
- are a catalyst, investing in ZSFG to test and incubate new and transformative models of care.
- foster ZSFG efforts to address the holistic needs of patients in body, mind, and spirit.