Community Wellness Program
Our center at ZSFG is dedicated to helping all San Franciscans get and stay healthy through fitness, nutrition, and community building.
A thriving community of empowered patients and supported staff who are achieving their health and wellness goals.
To provide a hub of patient-centered health and wellness programs and resources that educate, enable, and empower individuals to lead healthier lives.
Support Us with a Donation!
How To Donate:
- Click on the link below, which will lead you to the San Francisco General Hospital Foundation website
- When filling out the form, select “Other” under the “Please Use My Gift” header
- Type in “Community Wellness Program”
Community Wellness Navigation Program
One of our goals is to help prepare health students & volunteers to better serve our communities. The Wellness Navigator Program trains volunteers and student interns to support and promote the Community Wellness Program. The program supports Navigators in their personal and professional development by giving them hands-on experience in promoting wellness throughout our hospital and larger community
About the Program
- Provide administrative and logistical support for all operations of the Community Wellness Center.
- Support outreach efforts to engage undeserved and often hard to reach patients and staff.
- Support health promotion activities including workshops, lectures and classes on a variety of health and wellness topics, including nutrition, diabetes management, tobacco cessation, stress reduction, and others.
- Participate in development, design and implementation of public health initiatives.
- Assist with program evaluations and assessments through surveys and focus groups to ensure that the program delivers quality programs and services.
- Serve as a liaison with hospital and community groups to support programs that engage participants through innovative strategies and incentives.
- Assist with community outreach events at the hospital and in the community.
- Interest & knowledge about health and wellness
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to function independently as a collaborative, supportive team member
- Must dedicate a minimum of eight hours a week as a Wellness Navigator; 100 hours over the minimum of a three months period
How Can I Apply?
To apply for the Navigator Program as a volunteer or student intern, please complete our Navigator Application.
Once the application and Wellness Navigator orientation have been completed, the applicant will be processed as a volunteer through Zuckerberg San Francisco General (ZSFG) Volunteer Services. For more information on Volunteer Services, please refer to this page.
Please refer to Zuckerberg San Francisco General’s Internship Placement Policy. The internship application process includes completing the Navigator application, internship placement requirements as indicated in the Internship Placement Policy, and the Wellness Navigator orientation.
- For the SPRING SEMESTER, the application period is November 1 – December 15, and the start date is Jan 4.
- For the SUMMER SEMESTER, the application period is April 1 – April 30, and the start date is June 1.
- For the FALL SEMESTER, the application period is July 1 – August 15, and the start date is September 1.
Apply to Navigator Program